Archive for category Priorities
Note about yesterday’s post: feeling much better about the whole thing… still a bit sad, but grateful for the experience and very much looking forward to continuing to serve the individuals on hospice and their families. Even though the work is bittersweet I feel this type of thing is exactly what I want to do and what I’m made to do which is a wonderful, satisfying feeling.
So I’m finally figuring out what my schedule is like between the nursing program / work / volunteer activities. Now that I have an idea of what each day is like it’s time to attack my schedule with priorities, goals, and block out the time to accomplish them.
First up – priorities. My priorities for the semester include:
1. Be a kick-ass nursing student (i.e. get good grades [I have a passion for getting 4.0’s and that’s still a goal I have in the back of my mind but I don’t want to kill myself doing it], and perform well in clinicals)
2. Take care of my body
3. Maintain a great relationship with the hubs
4. Keep some semblance of order in the house.
5. Accomplish the above with enough heart and sanity left to give the rest fully to my volunteer efforts
That’s about it realistically and if I wanted to be reeeally realistic I’d probably cut down that list to 3 things. But I’ll roll with 5 for now.
Second – goals:
1. Dedicate a set amount of time each day to study for each class so I can stay on top of the material and not be cramming at the last minute (I know, this is a monumental goal)
2. Run or do yoga at least THREE times per week (NPR reminded me again today that to maintain health, prevent cancer, heart disease, etc., etc., blah, blah, blah, we should all be working out for 2.5 hours a week. This is not a lot. But it feels like a TON.)
3. Set aside “fun” time to hang out with friends.
4. Keep my house clean
5. Eat healthy meals (I’ve been so busy that most of what I’m eating is coming out of the freezer lately, which is fine because I made [most of] the food myself so I know it’s healthy, but I need to be sure to supplement that with my fresh fruits and veggies)
6. Continue to use my planner (this is the only reason my life is kind of organized right now) and literally block out the time in it to do all of these things.
7. Actually follow what I write in the planner
8. Start making a t-shirt quilt
I’m going to stop at 8 goals because I don’t want to overwhelm myself. Anyway, I had to write this stuff down so I will actually accomplish it. I’m one of those people that needs a constant reminder of what is important to me and what I want to accomplish otherwise I get all scatter-brained and crap.
OK then, time to go do stuff!
You are currently browsing the archives for the Priorities category.